One Week From Now: 40 Bags, 40 Days
Click on the green link above to check out this post from a blog I like to read. A different way to participate in Lent? I've always thought of Lent as a time when you give up something or fast from a food that you "love", and focus on why you don't need it...because we have Jesus. I've always been too afraid to participate, for fear of disappointing God if I didn't do it exactly as I should.
Is giving up something we love the only way to participate in Lent? Maybe giving up the clutter in our homes, like old toys, books, stuffed animals, clothing that doesn't fit, etc., can bring Him just as much glory. After all, the STUFF that we sometimes hang on to causes the clutter, and then we constantly worry about having the clutter to the point that we might miss out on some of His biggest fingerprints. All of that worry is definitely a sinful barrier between our serving and His blessings. Rid yourself of that barrier, begin serving HIM as we are commanded, and His blessings will abound! That's exciting! The first obvious blessing is that you can donate the things that are clutter to you, but might be much needed by someone else.
If I was a SAHM, I would commit to doing this for Lent this year. Maybe I can do 40 smaller bags? :)
Keep checking for fingerprints,
Kellie
Girl, you must be reading my mind! Guess what I have been doing all day-cleaning out closets! I always love your post :-)
ReplyDelete