Monday, September 27, 2010

The other reason Sept. is my favorite month...

My big boy is 11 now.  Wow, I just can't believe it.  He's just growing up waaaaay to fast. 


He had a fun birthday weekend.  He had a football game Saturday morning, followed by having some of his best friends over to hang out, and eat cake and pizza!   Unfortunately that game will be his last, since we just can't fit that AND soccer into our schedules and give them both 100%.  He was afraid to let it go because he said he didn't want to be a quitter.  I explained to him that sometimes you have to let something go (especially if it's unproductive to give something that you really love your 100%.)    I told him that he could continue to play if he REALLY wanted to and thought he could give both soccer and football his 100%. I think he knew there was just no way to do it all since soccer and football practices are already conflicting.   Anyway, he loves soccer and will have a great time, because he of his love for it.

I'll have to post some birthday party pics later from Connor's and Claire's parties.  I really don't want to go upstairs right now and get the pics from our PC to put on here.  Lazy, I know, but it's late, I'm tired, and work calls me to return in the morning.  I stayed home today with the remnants of a yucky tummy virus that began early Saturday morning.  UGH...still not feeling 100% like me, but hoping by the morning I will. 

Until next post...keep checking for fingerprints!

Kellie

1 comment: